The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- Care Provider, Hartford Care announces that it has raised over £30,000 for The Silver Line. The Silver Line helpline was founded by Esther Rantzen CBE in 2013 to provide advice, information and friendship to isolated and vulnerable older people across the UK. The team at Hartford ...
- Researchers at the Medical Research Council’s Cognition and Brain Sciences Unitopens in new window have discovered that specific mental abilities – such as problem-solving or multi-tasking – decline with age at different rates because individuals’ brains age differently. This challenges the previously held idea that, as ...
- Alistair Burns, NHS England’s National Clinical Director, has teamed up with two Dementia Ambassadors, Dan Harwood and Paul Twomey, to give their views on improving diagnosis in care homes – why, and how to do it: Around three- quarters of people living in residential and ...
- Research conducted in the UK reveals that certain pathways in the brain age at different rates, leading to differences in our ability to carry out certain tasks as we age. The study was published in Nature Communications on 18 December 2014. The team, based in Cambridge, ...
- Residents and members of staff at Redworth House in Shildon put on their best Christmas fancy dress and enjoyed a festive fayre at the home. Members of the local community attended the home’s Christmas market, which was made up of stalls with wooden Christmas presents, handbags, ...
‘Tis The Season To Be Jolly: Generous Pensioners Plan To Spend £4.2 Billion Entertaining This Christmas5.8 million pensioners will host their friends and families on Christmas Day Average retiree expects to spend nearly £400 on Christmas gifts and entertaining guests Many people will be rockin’ around the Christmas tree with the 5.8 million pensioners (53 per cent) who will host friends and ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
SK Handling Ltd
Director, Steve Kirkpatrick believes there are three groups of people that can benefit from the products he is promoting. They are the people being cared for, their carers and those paying for the care and that it is vital to consider the needs of all three groups.
SK Handling is currently focusing on in-bed positioning systems, small positioning aids and sit to stand aids, many of which can be used as part of a managed care reduction package.
Steve told us “in-situ slide sheet systems are becoming increasingly popular as they make it easier for the carer(s) to turn or reposition someone. There is also evidence to show that these systems are very helpful in the prevention or treatment of pressure sores. Naturally this is of benefit to the person being cared for, but also makes life easier for the carers and offers a cost saving as well.”