The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- New free learning and development materials are now available to make sure that the adult social care workforce is ready to deliver the changes required by the Care Act 2014. The materials have been produced by Skills for Care and the National Skills Academy for Social ...
- Local authorities will need to expand access to independent advocacy services by April 2015 when the Care Act comes into force. Under the Act, local authorities will have to provide independent advocacy when someone has ‘substantial difficulty’ being involved in the process of care, and ...
- The Better Care Fund, also known as the Integration Transformation Fund (ITF), will help join up local health and care services to improve care and reduce A&E admissions. The plans, which will also provide more dignity for older people and reduce the length of stay in hospital, are funded by the ...
- YORKSHIRE based Czajka Care Group has signed a deal with The Bumble Bees Barbarians Rugby Union Club to become the team’s new official kit sponsor. In 2009, The Bumbles became England’s first mixed ability rugby union team to include players with and without learning and physical ...
- Superior Care has been formally accredited by the Living Wage Foundation, demonstrating its commitment to responsible employment practices within the healthcare and support sector. The company’s certification as a Living Wage Employer means all its staff receive at least the recommended Living Wage, which is ...
- Bohill House care home in Coleraine is bridging the generation gap by inviting students from nearby Dunluce School to join in their activities. Fourteen students, under the supervision of two staff members, visit for an hour each week. The aim is to promote and enhance the lives ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
SK Handling Ltd
Director, Steve Kirkpatrick believes there are three groups of people that can benefit from the products he is promoting. They are the people being cared for, their carers and those paying for the care and that it is vital to consider the needs of all three groups.
SK Handling is currently focusing on in-bed positioning systems, small positioning aids and sit to stand aids, many of which can be used as part of a managed care reduction package.
Steve told us “in-situ slide sheet systems are becoming increasingly popular as they make it easier for the carer(s) to turn or reposition someone. There is also evidence to show that these systems are very helpful in the prevention or treatment of pressure sores. Naturally this is of benefit to the person being cared for, but also makes life easier for the carers and offers a cost saving as well.”