The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- The Department of Health has awarded 30 voluntary sector projects grants totalling over £4 million as part of the Innovation, Excellence and Strategic Development (IESD) Fund and a further 11 projects have been awarded grants totalling over £1.6 million as part of the Health and ...
- Affinity staff member Leah Whelan has made it through to the national finals of a major competition showcasing excellence in social care. Leah, 25, a support worker and acting team leader with Affinity Supporting People, Accrington, was earlier this year nominated for the WorldSkillsUK Competition for ...
Help The Hospices Calls On The Government To Back Innovative New Scheme To Tackle Crisis In Care For Dying PeopleHelp the Hospices today calls on the Government to transform care for dying people by backing a ground-breaking programme aimed at reducing the number of people dying unnecessarily in hospital by providing alternative care. The national hospice charity is launching a major programme which aims to ...
- Cuts to social care funding have reached £3.53 billion over the past four years, a survey published today by the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS) shows. Responding to the new figures, Carers UK said the continuing reductions of local government funds alongside growing ...
- Three generations of a Leeds family came together at Roundhay Park to encourage people sign up to Alzheimer’s Society's Leeds Memory Walk which takes place on Saturday 6 September. Katherine Turner, 39, is taking part in Leeds Memory Walk with her six-year-old daughter Holly. They are ...
- There has been an increase in the percentage of patients receiving 'Harm Free Care'2 according to data released by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC). In April 2012, when data was first recorded, 89.7 per cent of the patients surveyed received harm-free care. ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
With a combined experience of over 75 years between the directors we offer a complete package of consultation, design, manufacture, installation and the very best in after sales service.
With offices throughout the UK we welcome the opportunity to discuss your Nurse Call requirements and show you the very latest in Radio Nurse Call Equipment to fit all requirements and budgets.
Take a look at Medicare “The Choice of the Care Professionals”
Contact Medicare Today