The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- A landmark report on the future of services for people with learning disabilities was launched by Sir Stephen Bubb, CEO of ACEVO today: Winterbourne View - Time for Change In 2011 Panorama’s exposé of Winterbourne view shocked the nation. It led to the Government pledge to move ...
- Elaine Bashford, Activity Care Coordinator from Avante Care and Support - Barton Court care home has been honoured at a glittering awards ceremony. Elaine, received the Activity Organiser of the Year Award at the Great South East Care Awards Gala Dinner, at the Metropole Hotel, Brighton on Saturday 8th ...
- More public health interventions, along the lines of the smoking ban, are needed to tackle Britain's devastating toll of ‘lifestyle’ diseases, including heart disease and cancer, according to academics. A new paper, by Dr Stanley Blue, lecturer in Social Sciences at The University of Manchester, claims ...
- The King's Fund has called for an additional £2 billion in funding for the NHS ahead of next week's Autumn Statement. In a briefing published before the Chancellor makes his annual statement to parliament, the think tank argues that the settlement agreed for the NHS in ...
- Mayor, Local MP and Members of the Community All Attend Special Party Centenarian Elsie Hall turned 102 on Sunday and attended a big birthday bash organised by her care home so that residents, family, friends and members of the local community could help her celebrate the ...
- Major Charles Jenkins of the Army Intelligence Corps is a keen supporter of The Royal Star & Garter Homes. Not one to shy away from a challenge, his latest self-imposed mission is to row 3,650km over the next year (or 10km per day), to raise ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
SK Handling Ltd
Director, Steve Kirkpatrick believes there are three groups of people that can benefit from the products he is promoting. They are the people being cared for, their carers and those paying for the care and that it is vital to consider the needs of all three groups.
SK Handling is currently focusing on in-bed positioning systems, small positioning aids and sit to stand aids, many of which can be used as part of a managed care reduction package.
Steve told us “in-situ slide sheet systems are becoming increasingly popular as they make it easier for the carer(s) to turn or reposition someone. There is also evidence to show that these systems are very helpful in the prevention or treatment of pressure sores. Naturally this is of benefit to the person being cared for, but also makes life easier for the carers and offers a cost saving as well.”