The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- The Care Quality Commission has published publishes its fifth annual monitoring report on the implementation of the deprivation of liberty safeguards (DoLS). These are part of the Mental Capacity Act, and they protect the rights of adults in care homes and hospitals who lack mental ...
- Skills for Health, the Sector Skills Council for all health sector employers, has launched a new version of its website (www.skillsforhealth.org.uk) to increase ease of use and access for its quarter of a million visitors per year. The site has had a total design and ...
- Potential measures to make walking on the streets safer and easier are a right priority for the next Government, according to 62 per cent of people aged 65 and over. These are the results of a YouGov poll commissioned by Living Streets and published today ...
- Residents at Bridge View care home, which is based in Stakeford and is part of Akari Care, welcomed a special VIP guest to officially open their newly refurbished home. Staff and residents were joined by members of the public as they watched local Councillor, Ray Butler, ...
- Talented author Emma Healey has spoken of the whirlwind six months which saw her catapulted into the literary limelight thanks to her gripping debut ovel, Elizabeth is Missing. The 29-year-old writer revealed how the book, which sold for a six-figure advance and was published last ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
SK Handling Ltd
Director, Steve Kirkpatrick believes there are three groups of people that can benefit from the products he is promoting. They are the people being cared for, their carers and those paying for the care and that it is vital to consider the needs of all three groups.
SK Handling is currently focusing on in-bed positioning systems, small positioning aids and sit to stand aids, many of which can be used as part of a managed care reduction package.
Steve told us “in-situ slide sheet systems are becoming increasingly popular as they make it easier for the carer(s) to turn or reposition someone. There is also evidence to show that these systems are very helpful in the prevention or treatment of pressure sores. Naturally this is of benefit to the person being cared for, but also makes life easier for the carers and offers a cost saving as well.”