The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- Care homes are being urged to remind staff, residents and visitors of their infection prevention guidelines during this year’s International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW). IIPW takes place across the globe every October to raise awareness of healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs) and the effect infection control has on ...
- The Department of Health is allocating an additional £4m to regions to support councils in implementing the Care Act. The grant will be allocated to the regional lead accountable body in each ADASS region on the basis of a flat £200,000 to each region with the ...
- The LGA has released a statement in response to NHS England setting out its five-year plan in a document entitled, 'Forward View'. Cllr Izzi Seccombe, Chair of the LGA's Community Wellbeing Board said: "Many of the messages in this report strongly echo our own proposals set out ...
No Escaping The Financial Challenge Facing The NHS: Our Response To NHS England’s Five Year Forward ViewResponding to the publication of NHS England’s Five Year Forward View, Chris Ham, Chief Executive of The King’s Fund said: ‘Today’s announcement is a significant moment for the NHS – it should set the agenda for the next parliament in the same way that the commitment ...
- Skills for Care has launched a new guide that will help Registered Managers make sure their service are ready for changes to regulation and inspection. The new Care Quality Commission regulations and inspections use five key lines of enquiry asking managers to demonstrate that they can ...
- Urgent action is needed to improve access to health-based places of safety for people experiencing a mental health crisis, a new report we've published shows. Too many of these places of safety are turning people away because they are already full and some refuse to help ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
With a combined experience of over 75 years between the directors we offer a complete package of consultation, design, manufacture, installation and the very best in after sales service.
With offices throughout the UK we welcome the opportunity to discuss your Nurse Call requirements and show you the very latest in Radio Nurse Call Equipment to fit all requirements and budgets.
Take a look at Medicare “The Choice of the Care Professionals”
Contact Medicare Today