The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- New figures released this month show that the number of councils no longer providing care to people deemed to have `low’ or `moderate’ needs has risen by 17 per cent in the past five years. The ADASS budget survey figures follow research conducted by the London ...
- New research has shown that older adults with build-up of a hallmark Alzheimer’s protein have increased brain activity while performing memory tasks. The study, which suggests that the brain adapts to compensate for early damage caused by the protein, is published on Sunday 14 September ...
- Four staff from a Bristol nursing home have been shortlisted as finalists in the South West Great British Care Awards 2014. The awards are part of one of the care industry’s top ceremonies, and take place as a series of regional events throughout England as a ...
- On 4 September, Cllr Keith Humphries, Wiltshire Council’s Portfolio Holder for Adult Care Services, unveiled the Foundation Stone of The Orders of St John Care Trust’s (OSJCT) new, state-of-the-art care centre at Old Sarum. The ceremony also included OSJCT Trustees and Directors, together with many of ...
- Dementia experts from around the world will meet today in Ottawa, Canada, to discuss creating better partnerships between academia-industry, and how to better facilitate innovation in dementia strategies for treatment, care and risk reduction. The event is the second in a series of meetings following on ...
- Actress Adele Silva, best known for her role in Emmerdale, joined over 2,500 participants at Roundhay Park as they walked to fight dementia at Leeds Memory Walk. Alzheimer's Society supporter Adele was joined by former Emmerdale actor Mathew Bose and Leeds MP Fabian Hamilton as she ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
With a combined experience of over 75 years between the directors we offer a complete package of consultation, design, manufacture, installation and the very best in after sales service.
With offices throughout the UK we welcome the opportunity to discuss your Nurse Call requirements and show you the very latest in Radio Nurse Call Equipment to fit all requirements and budgets.
Take a look at Medicare “The Choice of the Care Professionals”
Contact Medicare Today