The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- A new study has found that people with harmful levels of alcohol consumption in mid-life are more likely to have severe cognitive problems in later life. The study is published on Wednesday 30 July in the American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. Researchers at the University of ...
- A Bedfordshire care home – closed in the summer of last year because of poor practice and failing standards – is to be given a new lease of life by a reputable care provider. Meppershall Care Home has been bought by Pressbeau Group which also runs ...
- Provisional figures from the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) show 344,000 patients had a recorded diagnosis of dementia in 2013/14. This is a rise from 319,000 in 2012/13 and from 213,000 in 2006/07, when the data was first collected. Today’s statistics show the numbers of ...
- The Anchorage care home owned by Rhymecare Limited in Pulborough held a lunch attended by Residents families and friends on Wednesday 9th of July. £340 was raised in donations that have been given equally to Men United (Prostate Cancer) and Cancer Research UK. What a ...
NHS Confederation And NHS Employers Responds To CQC Consultations On 'Duty Of Candour' And 'Fit And Proper Persons'NHS Confederation and NHS Employers has responded to the CQC consultations on new health and social care regulations , which will soon come into force that, they say will help to better pinpoint the standards below which care must not fall. These regulations: Set out new fundamental ...
- A former West Yorkshire pub has been transformed into a luxury care home, creating 100 jobs. Crown Care has recruited staff for the 85-bed home, called Holyrood House, on the site of the Green House Public House off Spawd Bone Lane, Knottingley, Wakefield which is due ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
With a combined experience of over 75 years between the directors we offer a complete package of consultation, design, manufacture, installation and the very best in after sales service.
With offices throughout the UK we welcome the opportunity to discuss your Nurse Call requirements and show you the very latest in Radio Nurse Call Equipment to fit all requirements and budgets.
Take a look at Medicare “The Choice of the Care Professionals”
Contact Medicare Today