The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
Government And Local Authorities Inflicting A ‘Perfect Storm’ On The Elderly – RNHA Response To Age UK Report Highlighting £3.4 Billion Funding GapResponding to an Age UK report out today (6th March) that highlights a massive £3.4 billion shortfall in planned expenditure on social care for 2015/16, the Registered Nursing Home Association (RNHA) said nursing homes in many parts of the country had experienced significant ‘real terms’ ...
- Greensleeves Homes Trust and its staff, have been highly commended in several categories in the new Nursing & Residential Care Awards (NRC). The Nursing & Residential Care Awards are an initiative to celebrate innovation and compassionate care. The high commendations for the NRC Awards are in ...
- National care home provider, Barchester Healthcare appears in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for list 2014 for the sixth time and is still the only care provider in the listing. The results were announced at an event hosted by BBC Breakfast Presenter ...
- Cardiff-based health and social care provider, Shaw healthcare, has won a national finance industry accolade in recognition of the excellence of one of its finance teams. Shaw’s income and credit control section was named In-house Collection Team of the Year (Consumer) by the Institute of Credit ...
- The number of people dying from Alzheimer’s disease in the US could be up to six times higher than reported, according to researchers. The study – published in the journal Neurology – found that an estimated 503,400 deaths from Alzheimer’s occurred in people aged over age ...
- The Independent Commission for Whole Person Care (WPC) has today (Tuesday 4 March) called for the health and social care systems to provide ‘whole-person care’ as opposed to focusing on particular conditions or body parts. This report comes at a time when there is much political ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
Utility Aid, experts in third sector energy purchase – are now offering their services to the care sector.
With 14 years experience working in the energy industry, we know how challenging it can be to keep on top of rising prices, negotiate the best deals and consider your options to reduce energy consumption.
Now help is at hand.
Contact Utility Aid Today