The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- The Quality Assessment Framework report carried out by Gloucestershire County Council's Adult Social Care team in July 2014 has passed Oakhaven Residential Care Home with flying colours. Ten key factors were assessed as Areas of Good Practice and worthy of comment the by Reviewing Officer for ...
- Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt used his speech to Conservative Party Conference today to highlight improved dementia diagnosis. The Secretary of State also highlighted Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friends programme, which is almost half way to achieving its goal of recruiting one million people to take action ...
- Middle aged women who have certain personality traits such as introversion and neuroticism may be at increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease, according to research published in Neurology today (1 October 2014). Researchers at the University of Gothenberg followed 800 women for 38 years. The women, who ...
- The number of Deprivation of Liberty (DoL) applications in England has already increased by 74 per cent (9,200 applications) in 130 councils compared to the total number of applications in the same councils for the whole of last year (12,400 in 2013/14), according to new ...
- The Royal College of Physicians has chosen to partner four NHS Trusts across England and Wales as Future Hospital Development Sites. The RCP’s Future Hospital Programme was developed from the RCP’s Future Hospital report published in September 2013. The Programme aims to implement the RCP’s ...
- A new 38-year study has linked personality traits, such as neuroticism combined with introversion, to an increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease in women. The research, which also found a link between high levels of stress and Alzheimer’s, is published on Wednesday 1 October in the ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
With a combined experience of over 75 years between the directors we offer a complete package of consultation, design, manufacture, installation and the very best in after sales service.
With offices throughout the UK we welcome the opportunity to discuss your Nurse Call requirements and show you the very latest in Radio Nurse Call Equipment to fit all requirements and budgets.
Take a look at Medicare “The Choice of the Care Professionals”
Contact Medicare Today