The Carer is a respected nursing and residential care home information resource, assembled by our team of experienced journalists and researchers. The Carer is published quarterly and distributed via direct mail throughout all of England and Wales. In addition to our press edition, we also feature a comprehensive online industry/ provider directory and current news stories here on TheCarerUK.com as a resource for our core readership of care home proprietors, managers and directors.
- A report released earlier this month by Alzheimer’s Australia and the Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA) suggests that action on preventative health measures could lower the risk of dementia for future generations. The report entitled 'Is the incidence of dementia declining?' brings together the research ...
- Besotted couple Fred and Betty Aldred celebrated a right royal 60th wedding anniversary at a Dorset care home. The Queen sent a special congratulatory message to the couple who marked the diamond event with a party for friends and relatives. Betty, who lives with dementia, is a ...
- Leaders from health and social care pledged to improve quality of life in care homes at a summit opened yesterday by The Princess Royal, Patron of the College of Occupational Therapists at the Skills for Care London offices. Andrea Sutcliffe, Chief Inspector of adult social ...
- Two of Hadrian Healthcare Group’s chefs have won awards in the regional finals of the Care Cook of the Year competition, organised by the National Association of Care Catering (NACC). Jennie Smith, a chef at Berkeley House in Hull, won best main course for her smoked ...
- Primary school children joined a host of VIP guests to mark the official opening of Care UK’s Field Lodge care home in St. Ives. Thorndown Primary School pupils Alana Bird and Jessica Walter performed a ribbon cutting to start the celebrations and local resident Freda Done ...
- A team of volunteers from financial services company GE Capital have delighted staff and residents at Wythenshawe-based care home The Peele, by generously giving their time to help brighten the home with a lick of paint just in time for summer! The hard-working team of seven, ...
Read about the latest news in the nursing and care home industry… [more]
RBC publishes The Carer and other leading industry publications… [more]
Search through our directory of service and industry providers… [more]
FEATURED ADVERTISER OF THE MONTH
Utility Aid, experts in third sector energy purchase – are now offering their services to the care sector.
With 14 years experience working in the energy industry, we know how challenging it can be to keep on top of rising prices, negotiate the best deals and consider your options to reduce energy consumption.
Now help is at hand.
Contact Utility Aid Today