Healthcare Homes Group, which provides residential and domiciliary care services, has hosted its second annual Star Awards event to recognise the efforts of its staff and to celebrate excellence across its organisation.
In total, nineteen awards were presented to staff who have consistently excelled in their performance, and demonstrated continued dedication to delivering the very best care services throughout the group.
The awards, which took place at a gala reception at Hanbury Manor in Hertfordshire, were launched last year to recognise residential carers, domiciliary carers and staff that go ‘above and beyond’. Nominations were encouraged across the group, which is made up of 37 residential and nursing homes, plus 13 homecare branches as part of its Manorcourt Homecare business, all of which are located across the south and east of England.
The winners were announced as follows:
- Apprentice / Learner of the Year, sponsored by Knights, Whites and Steadfast: Tracy Eves from Meadow House nursing home, Swaffham, Norfolk
- Making a Difference Award, sponsored by Marr Recruitment: Nishan Jayathilake from The Chase care centre, Watford and Ben Hewitt from Healthcare Homes financial department
- Homecare Co-ordinator of the Year, sponsored by SCL Managed Services: Jade Austin from the Thetford branch of Manorcourt Homecare
- Chef of the Year, sponsored by Bidfood: Densel Jacques, Chef at The Chase care centre, Watford
- Carer of the Year, sponsored by Blueleaf Solutions – Healthcare Homes: Beth Harvey from Barking Hall nursing home, Needham Market, Suffolk
- Carer of the Year – Homecare, sponsored by Medex: Kiley Rogers from the Thurrock branch of Manorcourt Homecare
- Ancillary Worker of the Year, sponsored by JLA: Mark Fishenden from The Malthouse, Gillingham, Dorset
- Newcomer of the Year, sponsored by Birkett Long Solicitors: Emily Ranoble from the Saffron Walden branch of Manorcourt Homecare
- Support Our Services Award, sponsored by Northern Gas and Power: Healthcare Homes’ central recruitment team
- Community Engagement Award, sponsored by Green Square: Christine Morgan from Claremont House & Lodge, Caister-on-Sea, Norfolk
- Leader of the Year Award, Sponsored by Anglia IT Solutions: Mike Parris, manager of Handford House, Ipswich, Suffolk
- Outstanding Contribution Award: Vanessa Dalton, company accountant of Healthcare Homes Group
- Region of the Year, sponsored by Nurses Group: Suffolk homes
- Home of the Year, sponsored by Firesite Eastern, Furncare and Liberta Vie: The Manor House in North Walsham, Norfolk
- Homecare Branch of the Year, sponsored by First Active 365: Lowestoft/Gorleston branch
- Most Improved Home of the Year, sponsored by 1st Waste Management: Overbury House in Wroxham, Norfolk
- Most Improved Homecare Branch of the Year, sponsored by GRI: Saffron Walden
Gordon Cochrane, CEO of Healthcare Homes Group said: “It has been wonderful to come together as an organisation to recognise and celebrate the fantastic work delivered by our teams every day.
“We’re privileged to work with a large workforce, made up of individuals who have the wellbeing of those we care for at the heart of all they do. Whether they’re delivering frontline care, supporting the smooth running of our homes or working within our administrative teams, they each play a crucial part.
“Our Star Awards give us the chance to shine the light on examples of exceptional work. It’s never easy to decide between the fantastic nominations we receive and I would like to congratulate and thank everyone who was nominated, shortlisted and of course, this year’s very deserving winners.”