Gleaning industry feedback from last year’s event, surveys, meetings and advisory groups, a new content programme has been launched to reflect the evolving needs of professionals in the care industry. New features include:
- Care in Construction – a new zone where visitors can network with and hear from construction professionals, interior designers and care operators working on care-related projects. The Care in Construction theatre will give visitors the opportunity to learn about innovative care projects currently under development in the UK.
- Care Connect – a new one-to-one meeting programme designed to connect exhibitors and visitors ahead of the event via an online portal. Visitors can identify companies of interest or other visitors they want to meet and network with them in advance, allowing them to make best use of their time at the show.
- Virtual Dementia Tour ® – offering a unique insight into the lives of dementia sufferers, to better equip carers in providing the necessary care. This one of a kind mobile simulator takes away the primary senses to experience the challenges and frustration people with dementia go through on a daily basis.
- Care Managers’ Forum – ten free practical sessions and workshops designed to help care managers make a real difference to the lives of those they are caring for. All sessions are CPD accredited.
- Dementia in Care & Housing – a series of free CPD-certified seminars exploring best practice in dementia care. Visitors can hear the latest research insights whilst networking with residential care experts and dementia care specialists.
- MyBusiness Clinic – offering one-to-one expert advice sessions on a range of topics including regulations, property valuations, business / management consultancy, finance, HR, employment law, architecture and planning.
Chris Edwards, Care & Dementia Show Event Director, said “Following the 2015 event, our visitors and exhibitor research highlighted a number of growth areas for the care industry ranging from construction to business management issues. We have transformed the event for 2016, offering more content than ever before. From opportunities to learn and train, to gaining advice, sourcing products and networking, this year’s show is the essential meeting place for the industry.”
Visitors can register to attend for free at www.caredementiashow.com