Older People’s Day – 1 October
Older People’s Day, 1 October isn’t far away!
Age Action Alliance is asking members to pledge one action they will take for Older People’s Day – at the last count that is over 600 organisations that can make a difference!
To showcase your involvement, your logo and pledge will be featured on the Partners page of the Older People’s Day website – and your valued status as a member of Age Action Alliance will also be highlighted. We actively encourage you to promote your involvement in OPD across all your press, social media and media activities in the build up to the big day, and on Older People’s Day itself.
So what is Older People’s Day?
- UK Older People’s Day is held on 1 October which coincides with the UN International Day of Older Persons
- A national celebration of the achievements and contributions that older people make to our society and to the economy
- An opportunity to tackle negative attitudes and outdated stereotypes
- Numerous organisations working across the country to deliver a wide range of activities and events on or around the 1st October.
The aim: Is to change attitudes to ageing by getting as much positive media coverage as possible.
How can you get involved?
- Get the work of your organisation into a local or regional or national newspaper and feature Older People’s Day
- Add the Full of Life button to your website
- Run your own Older People’s Day event – there are ideas and tools to help you do this on our website
- Support an event near you
- Take some photos of older people enjoying later life to add to Age Action Alliance gallery
- Follow us on Twitter @olderpeoplesday #fulloflife
- Join our Thunderclap to go out on October 1st – more details coming soon!
Visit the Older People’s Day website and enter your pledge to support us
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information or visit the website www.olderpeoplesday.co.uk