National Awards For Danshell Care Team
Danshell, a provider of learning disability and mental health services in the UK, has acknowledged the fantastic contributions made by members of its team.
To recognise the sterling efforts throughout the last twelve months, when Danshell expanded to become a national care provider, the Danshell Staff Recognition Awards have been established. The event will be held annually to reward staff who have gone above and beyond in supporting both service users and colleagues.
A number of awards were presented during a gala dinner, held at the Park Inn by Radisson in York. The winners were:-
- Support Service Award – Rebecca Hill, Head of Strategic Partnerships & Special Projects
- Clinician Award – John Paul Husband, North East Occupational Therapist
- Service Staff Award – Mick Adams, Chef, Wasts Hills Hospital, King’s Norton, Birmingham
- Strategic Leadership Award – Karen Urwin, North East Operations Director
- Trailblazer Employee – Louise Vollans, Beverley Hunter, Paul Price, Victoria House & Redlands, Darlington
- Service Manager – Lisa Gardner, Oaklands, Hexham
- Nurse Award – Chris Shields, Newbus Grange, Darlington
- Activity Co-ordinator Award – Penny Longstaff, Newbus Grange, Darlington
- Support Worker Award – Gordon Wright, Newbus Grange, Darlington
- Outstanding Contribution – Hazel Southern, Newbus Grange, Darlington
Efi Hershkovitz, chief executive of Danshell, said: “Danshell has become a national group in the last year and this has been a major challenge for everyone but one that the whole team has risen to and the company is now seeing the results of all the hard work.
“I believe that people should be recognised for their hard work, and going above and beyond in what they do. The awards celebrate people who have been nominated by their peers for their hard work and dedication in providing a gold standard of care.
“However, there are many more individuals carrying out sterling work in our services and I would like to personally congratulate every single member of the Danshell team for their achievements this year.”