Six outstanding employees from Morris Care’s nursing homes across Shropshire and Cheshire were recognised at an awards ceremony yesterday (Wednesday 2nd November) at the company’s Welsh Bridge head office in Shrewsbury.
The winners had their hard work and contribution celebrated at the Nursing Home provider’s first annual awards ceremony, the Love2Care Awards.
Over the last year, 160 members of staff were nominated by their peers for a Love2Care award. After a challenging selection process, judges announced six outstanding winners who they felt truly embodied Morris Care’s values.
At the lunchtime event, the winners were presented with engraved awards, flowers and £500 by Robin and Chris Morris.
The winners were:
• Working Together Award – Diane Butler, Radbrook Nursing Home
• Ownership Award – Marivel Nicholas, Stretton Hall Nursing Home
• Excellence Award – James Hamill, Oldbury Grange Nursing Home
• Innovation Award – Vicky Barnes, Morris Care Centre Nursing Home
• Chief Executive’s Award – Fatima Paz, Corbrook Park Nursing Home
• Chairman’s Award – Julie Newton, Isle Court Nursing Home
Morris Care’s Chief Executive Lucy Holl said:
“Today was a true celebration of our six winners who have really shone this year. More than 25% of our 600 strong team received nominations and it was very humbling to read them. I would, however, like to take this occasion to also extend a genuine thank you to every member of our staff for their outstanding contribution. Each of you makes a difference to the lives of those who live with us in our homes.”