- Understand rising rates of detention under the MHA; and/or
- Address rising rates of MHA detention.
This may be in its nature:
- An academic report based on formal research of local services, systems or populations
- A local investigative or evaluative report (involving, for example, commissioners, providers, local authorities, VCS organisations, user-led organisations, research bodies, Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs), Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRCs), higher education institutions etc)
- A report assessing or evaluating specific interventions delivered locally or local models of care where use of the MHA (section 136 or otherwise) is one measure
- Evidence, studies, interventions which identify or tackle existing disparities and distributional effects across communities, in particular the disproportionate number of people from black and minority ethnicities detained under the act.
To contribute evidence, please contact MHActReview@dh.gsi.gov.uk attaching a report or including a website hyperlink by Friday 10 August.