The prestigious awards spotlight the continued exceptional work undertaken by care providers and caterers, as well as the sector’s unsung heroes. Every winner exemplifies a true commitment to excellence, innovation and education, and to reaching the very highest standards of catering that meet individuals’ wellbeing needs, both nutritionally and emotionally.
This year’s inspirational winners were recognised and celebrated by their industry colleagues at the special event held at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham.
The 2016 NACC Awards winners are:
- Meals on Wheels Award – Hertfordshire Independent Living Service
- Our Catering Hero Award – Gareth O’Hara, Chef, Sunrise of Cardiff
- Catering Team of the Year Award – Morden College Catering Team.
- Care Establishment of the Year – Lymewood Court, St Helen’s, Merseyside.
- Catering Manager of the Year – James Clear, Hotel Services Manager, Care UK
- Region of the Year Award – South East
- Pam Rhodes Outstanding Achievement Award – Roger Denton.
- Chairman’s Award 2016 – Preston Walker, Oak House Care Home
Neel Radia, national chair, NACC comments: “Congratulations to all our winners. Year on year, the exceptional examples of excellence in care catering step up a level and the judges have a most difficult task selecting the overall winners.
“We are privileged to work in a sector where talented and inspirational professionals push boundaries to deliver quality catering provision that enriches the lives of those entrusted to their care. In all our finalists we see real dedication to the highest standards and I am in awe of each and every one of them. It’s an absolute honour to recognise this through the NACC Awards.”