New Overview Of Adult Social Care Statistics Is Published By NHS Digital
A new report has been published today which uses NHS Digital’s adult social care statistics to show trends over time.
Adult Social Care Statistics in England: An Overview brings together data from a range of sources covering different aspects of adult social care which are supported by local authorities.
The report aims to draw out the key trends around different aspects of social care that have previously been reported separately by NHS Digital. Presenting the data together in one place will highlight common themes and changes over time.
This publication includes a five year time series for most measures, covering from 2015-16 up to the latest available figures. In most cases this is to the end of the financial year 2019-20, but some statistics reflect the first half of 2020-21.
The report includes time series data on:
- New requests for support received by local authorities
- Adults receiving short-term and long-term social care support from local authorities
- Local authority expenditure on adult social care
- The local authority social care workforce
- Experiences of adult social care
- Outcomes for those in receipt of adult social care and their carers
Future versions of this report will be updated and improved to reflect feedback and additional data sources.