Government has published detailed guidance for care homes who are supporting people during the COVID-19 outbreak.
This guidance is intended for care homes, local health protection teams, local authorities, clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) and registered providers of accommodation for people who need personal or nursing care. This includes registered residential care and nursing homes for people with learning disabilities, mental health and/or other disabilities. Containing information on the admission and care of residents, the COVID-19 guidance for care homes covers:
- Admission of residents.
- Caring for residents, depending on their COVID-19 status.
- Reporting of COVID-19 cases.
- Providing care after death, advice for staff.
- Supporting existing residents that may require hospital care.
- National support available to implement the guidance.
There are also annexes containing useful information and contacts for topics such as infection control, receiving residents who have been discharged from hospital and isolation of symptomatic residents.
The full document can be read on the Government website.