We here at the CARER are thrilled to announce that Suzanne Goodman from Chamberlain Court Care home in Kent, a regional activities and lifestyle mentor for five Hallmark homes is our latest Unsung Hero!
Suzanne deliver’s induction training on the introduction to relationship-centred care and the Lifestyles tree of life strategy, and as a Dementia champion, provides information sessions for new team members and in the community.
Over the past year and through the difficulties of the pandemic Suzanne “worked flat out” to keep the groups residents’ spirits up, keeping them busy and entertained, organising a range of activities that target the mind, body and soul. As a dementia champion Suzanne uses the Montessori method when communicating with residents living with dementia, which is based upon preparing the environment and tailoring activities to ensure the person succeeds in understanding what is being delivered.
General manager Judy Heathfield Eliott said: “We were delighted to nominate Suzanne and absolutely thrilled to hear that their hard work and dedication has been recognised. Being an activities and lifestyle mentor for one home is a difficult enough job and Suzanne is lifestyle and activities mentor for 5!”
“She has introduced some wonderful initiatives during these difficult times and has developed a strong understanding of how teams can and should work together across all levels and support each other within the care home setting.”
Here are just some of the activities Suzanne has introduced:;
- Team’s pets visiting during Covid
- Maintained connections with local schools and stayed in touch through becoming Pen pals
- Supported residents to enter & win the Christmas Card competition 2021
- Encouraged residents to maintain hobbies and skills in task-based activities.
- Brought the beach to Chamberlain during lockdown in a Hawaiian themed day.
- Evidence of encouraging exercise for the residents during lockdown.
- The residents created miniature gardens to maintain in their rooms
Well done Suzanne!
We here at The Carer are delighted to award worthy winner Suzanne a luxury “celebration” hamper packed full of all those delightful luxury extras that make any celebration a truly memorable occasion, containing an a assortment of extravagant comestibles that are sure to delight the senses and tickle the palate!
- Sandra McGale: Larkfield View Care Home in Greenock
- Denise Mensah: Chestnut View Care Home Lion Green Haslemere Surrey
- Prity Somani: Cherrytree Care Home, situated in Countesthorpe, Leicestershire.
- Vesela Petrova: Whitgift House South Croydon
- Ange Booth: Runwood House 107 London Road Hadleigh, Essex
A £25 Marks & Spencer’s gift voucher is on its way!
Well done to you all!!!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who put forward nominations we had a wonderful response, it may sound tired old cliché, but it is not meant to be, when we say, that in our eyes “every nomination was a winner” and we are just sorry we cannot give an award to everybody!
Watch out for further details of our next “Unsung Hero” with the same great prize of a luxury celebration hamper!