Mootis – www.mootis.co.uk – is aimed at anyone who encounters legal issues during the course of their work or has an interest in law.
Commenting on the launch of Mootis, Chairman Bill Braithwaite QC said:
“Healthcare professionals deal with legal issues every day but the existing social media platforms are very general and not specific to their needs.
“This is an opportunity for healthcare professionals to join a bespoke platform and make it their own.
“By joining Mootis, they will be able to keep up to date with the latest trends, create networks and join the debate.”
Braithwaite says Mootis will appeal to two audiences – those already registered with sites such as Twitter and LinkedIn – and those who are yet to engage with the world of social media.
In developing the site, the Mootis team analysed social media sites throughout the world. As a result, Mootis has a range of features regular users of social media will be familiar with as well as some unique aspects.
Key features include:
- Keep on top of all the very latest trending legal topics.
- Post Moots which can exceed 140 characters (up to 500 words).
- Upload and share video blogs, documents, images and audio.
- Register as a new user on the Mootis sign up page or log in through Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Register as an individual or organisation.
- Search and connect with people by name or import existing contacts from other social media networks / invite contacts via email.
- Integrate with other main social media sites.
- Daily updates from Mootis direct to user’s email account.
- Create polls and surveys.
- Professional verification to establish authenticity of identities of key individuals and companies.
- Privacy features.
- Advanced security.
Concluded Bill Braithwaite QC:
“We believe Mootis will be of widespread appeal to the healthcare sector.”