Dementia, Care & Nursing Home Expo 2021 Puts Safety First
As regular readers will know, The Carer has partnered with the Dementia, Care & Nursing Home Expo 2021.
After extensive consultation with the government and venues across the UK, ROAR B2B are pleased to confirm what safety regulations will be in place for Dementia, Care & Nursing Home Expo 2021.
We’re so pleased to welcome back visitors to a safe and secure environment, finally being able to host the UK’s biggest care exhibitions at the NEC Birmingham on the 15 – 16 September 2021.
Your safety is our number one priority which is why we’re doing all we can to ensure you feel at ease when attending the show. Our unmissable seminars from leading healthcare experts will have added capacity, networking zones will include greater space and access, plus, high touchpoints and interactive show features are subject to enhanced sanitising and cleaning regimes.
See the full list of safety measures you can expect below! – For more info and tickets to the show click here.
When you arrive:
There will be clear signage throughout the venue to direct you to your event. Please also see our accessibility guidance here.
COVID-19 status checks
NEC staff will conduct COVID-19 status checks before entry to the venue. The accepted methods of showing COVID-19 status are as follows:
- NHS COVID-19 Pass via the NHS App (NB This is different to the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app). It is advised individuals apply no later than 48 hours before attending their event to allow for the application to be processed in time.
- Proof of immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
- Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail, received within 72 hours prior to attending the event. However, we encourage visitors to complete their test within 48 hours.
There will be an on-site lateral flow test centre, however we strongly recommend completing your test before you arrive to avoid queues at the test centre.
Please do NOT try to attend the Dementia, Care & Nursing Home Expo if you:
- Are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell), even if these symptoms are mild
- have been asked to self-isolate because you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19
- or live with an individual who has symptoms of COVID-19
Inside the venue:
We are strongly advising everyone who attends the event to wear a face covering unless they are exempt.
To make sure everyone who attends the event is a comfortable as possible, we have increased the space of the hall. This includes widening the aisles to at least 3 metres – with aisles stretching to 5m in high footfall places. All theatres and networking areas will have a suitable amount of space between seating.
The NEC has recently undergone a recommission of their ventilation equipment and upgraded their filtration systems to ensure safe, clean air is always circulated throughout the venue. All areas will have natural ventilation with open doors and windows. The NEC also has plenty of accessible outside spaces, which are a great for those wanting a break from the halls.
The NEC have increased cleaning times for high contact surfaces throughout event days and there will be hygiene stations – with clear reminders for visitors to wash their hands – frequently positioned throughout the hall and venue.
For additional information on health and safety at the show, or if you have any questions, please contact the team at: email@example.com