The grant will be allocated to the regional lead accountable body in each ADASS region on the basis of a flat £200,000 to each region with the balance of the grant being allocated relative to the number of councils and adult social care workforce in the region.
The priorities for expenditure from this regional grant are:
- Firstly, training for staff to support implementation with a presumption that this is based on the delivery of the Learning and Development modules developed by Skills for Care.
- Secondly other support needs for councils in the region, collectively or individually, building on learning from the recent stocktake of progress.
Grant allocations allocated
- South West (Gloucestershire County Council ) £436,789
- South East (East Sussex County Council) £506,263
- London (Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham) £581,816
- East of England (Cambridgeshire County Council) £400,605
- East Midlands (Nottinghamshire County Council) £371,368
- West Midlands (Worcestershire County Council) £422,316
- Yorkshire and Humberside (Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council) £418,553
- North West (Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council) £520,447
- North East (Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council) £341,842