Lead sponsors R H Hall are pleased to announce that the search for the 2016 British BBQ Battle champion is now on!
The event – now in its 5th year – will be returning to 2014 venue, the prestigious Blenheim Palace, on Wednesday 15th June 2016.
Organisers are calling for budding BBQ chefs across the country to prepare a 3 course menu, to be cooked on a top of the range BBQ, supplied by co-sponsor Crown Verity.
Chefs can enter their courses online at www.britishbbqbattle.co.uk
before the deadline of Friday 15th April. All courses must be predominantly cooked on the BBQ and one course must include at least one of the wide range of sauces available through event sponsor Lion Sauces. The selected 8 finalists will then be invited to Blenheim Palace to compete in the live cook off on Wednesday 15th June.
There are over £15,000 worth of prizes from the event sponsors, with each finalist receiving:
• Sharp Commercial Microwave
• Simply Stainless Chef’s Table
• Smeg Mixer
• Exclusive BBQ Battle Chefs Whites
• 10 bottles of Lion Sauces
- PLUS – the 2016 BBQ Battle Champion will walk away with their very own Crown Verity BBQ!
- Judging the final live cook off will be a panel of 4 judges. Led by senior judge Ben Bartlett, President of the British BBQ Association and past World BBQ Champion, the panel also includes Bill Verity, President of Crown Verity and Gareth Finney of The Albion Taverna, our 2015 champion! The judges will each be scoring the chefs not only on the taste and appearance of their final dishes, but on their BBQ cooking techniques too.
- New for 2016 will be the People’s Chef Award, which will be judged by the spectators on the day!
Watch all the highlights from last years event
our Facebook page here
to view the photos.
For more details on the event visit