Care home owners have been among the first cus- tomers to purchase air and surface sterilisation prod- ucts from Medklinn, the international health technology company, which recently launched in the UK.
Following confirmation from scientists from Fujita Health University in Japan, that low concentrations of ozone gas can be used to neutralise coronavirus particles without causing harm to humans, UK care homes have an alternative method to sterilise the air and surfaces in their premises without the use of chemicals.
According to the university research, low-level ozone gas in concentrations of 0.05 to 1.0 parts per million (ppm) could be key to neutralising the spread of coron- avirus in healthcare settings such as examination rooms and waiting areas.
Medklinn International, the health technology company that has pioneered research and development into negative ionisation and ozone in the sterilisation process, already provides air and surface sterilisation solutions in ASIA, the USA, Canada, Australia and Germany. Now the business has launched in the UK.
Daniel Lu, chief technology and innovation officer of Medklinn International, said: “We are pleased to be bringing our health technology to the UK. The announcement from the team at Fujita Health University in Japan further demonstrates that ozone sterilisation technology is a viable alternative to the use of chemicals for disinfection.”
In addition to the latest breakthrough in neutralising coronavirus particles, Medklinn products are also proven to be effective in:
• Killing 99.9% of harmful microorganisms such as viruses and bacteria, mould and fungi by destroying their RNA and DNA structure
• Eliminating volatile organic compounds (VOCs), includ- ing those with adverse health effects
• Neutralising allergenic organic compounds such as pet dander and the protein in the faeces of dust mites, which are often the cause of allergies
Steve Jones, Brand Manager Medklinn UK, said: “We’re really excited to be launching Medklinn UK. Our products are already used by some of the leading glob- al brands in the healthcare, travel and tourism, retail, education, F&B and hospitality sectors, including Hyatt, Mandarin Oriental and Singapore’s Changi Airport. We believe that they will be particularly useful as we make gradual steps towards easing restrictions and reopen- ing the UK following the lockdowns over the past 12 months.”
Medklinn UK offers a consumer range of products suitable for the home and for use in vehicles.
It also offers a range of air and surface sterilisers designed for business use including:
• Permanent units for spaces up to 1,000 sq ft such as hotel guest rooms, washrooms, offices and classrooms
• Permanent units for large spaces of 3,000 sq ft or more such as hotel corridors, washrooms, restaurants, halls, offices, exhibition centres, supermarkets, food processing and manufacturing plants
• Portable units for ad hoc treatments of indoor odours recommended for hotel guest rooms, restaurants and facilities management
It will also offer ozone water systems (for washrooms, industrial kitchens, food processing factories) and integrated sterilisation systems (for public washrooms, food processing and F&B outlets and supermarkets).
For further information about Medklinn UK please visit uk.medklinn.com or contact email@example.com.