Care Quality Commission
The CQC are the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England.
Their job is to make sure that care provided by hospitals, dentists, ambulances, care homes and services in people’s own homes and elsewhere meets government standards of quality and safety.
The government standards cover all aspects of care, including:
- treating people with dignity and respect.
- making sure food and drink meets people’s needs.
- making sure that that the environment is clean and safe.
- managing and staffing services.
- We register care services that meet the standards, inspect them to check that they continue to do so, and take action when they don’t.